Pages

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Ohh would we call this a book?


Lauren Conrad, or LC as those who have problems saying full names call her, has written a book.  I am wary about how badly I should bash the aforementioned novel;  for starters I haven't read it nor do I have an immediate plans to do so and secondly every writing teacher I've ever had has always said to "write what you know", which Conrad certainly took to heart.  LA Candy is a story surrounding a young woman who found fame by staring in her own reality TV show where she was an intern in the fashion industry.  She gets ditched by boys and has a falling out with a friend.  Sound familiar?  Maybe because, I don't know, it happened to her?  Needless to say it's getting bashed but just like a kaftan on the beach I can see a whole lot of tweens sporting LA Candy.  Bottom line: let's leave the pop culture references to someone who can handle them. BTW, she's not going away any time soon; LC has a book deal for three more of these puppies.

No comments:

Post a Comment