Pages

Friday, July 30, 2010

I Felt Impotent And Out Of Control

I changed the name and address of the blog as an homage to my favorite movie, Clueless and to better represent my current state of mind.  On Friday I went to the beach employed.  On Monday I came home unemployed.  Clearly I've been on a manic emotional spiral, but also it's strangely liberating that I might be able to do what I actually want. I'll be 23 next month, sans income, a job or direction (except of course, towards the mall). I may not have any working capital at the moment, but I have some amazing friends, amazing friends with some great prescriptions.  Last night my cheapest friend in the entire world surprised me with a blown up picture of the two of us (when we were skinny), some sedatives and she treated to dinner.  I don't know how long this gravy train is going to last, but I'm riding this wave into the sunset.  So a few tall boys later I'm walking home from a bar and right into a pyschic's "office."  I find that the best advice comes from those who are crazier than you, which is why Miss Dee was right up my alley.  I've been to a physic once before when I was a freshman in college.  A few of my friends and I were walking along the rural Pennsylvanian streets of our College town and decided to pop in for a five dollar palm reader.  Much to all of our surprises, she nailed all but one on the head. Last night was shockingly the same experience.  Homegirl Dee told me to come right in as soon as I got in because she could sense I was in a great deal of turmoil.  Understatement of the century.  Good news though, I'm apparently carrying a lot of anger for things that happened in my past life, but it should all get resolved in this one.  Well she told me she could heal me tomorrow for $110 dollars and gave me a cat's stone to rub above my navel for three minutes and chant "I have no room for negativity" before I went to sleep.  Well, I did and surprisingly I don't feel as low as last night. I'm hoping it has more to do with the cat's eye stone under my pillow rather than the pills on my desk.

No comments:

Post a Comment