Pages

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Debunking Gypset Fashion with Chanel's Cruise 2011 Collection {With Help From Mathew Williamson and Jules Reid}

Last night I joined all my gorgeous, glamourous and famous friends in St.Tropez for the debut of Chanel's Cruise 2011 Collection. I was really excited to see my good friend Karl and be there for possibly one of his last collections!  Here are all the pictures I took, some photographer from Women's Wear Daily helped, a little.
For the work blog I've been writing about the gypset lifestyle and how it relates to home decor so now I get a chance to focus more on the fashion aspect of this jet setting way of life. When I think of gypset I think of above; the big billowy shape and crazy pattern. You can wear this as a cover up or gown and when you are living in a fabulous beach town, there isn't much time to change between the two.

Loved that most of the models walked barefoot down the catwalk, which was really a boardwalk.

My grandma Sybil definitely wore something like this back in the day

And I would want to wear something like this right now.

Maybe I'll wear gobs of jewelry to the beach.  Maybe I'll look like a total freak.

I think this is my favorite. I just love how its fun and flirty but at the same its really wearable.



I would love to see my mom in this; that obi belt is uber flattering.

Little White Suits

Love this evening dress with the sheer bottom, its perfect for a black tie summer event


I love these boots, not interested in the rest

This is great for anyone who wants to be a real life Lady Gaga


This is a fun like ode to the seventies

I'd be smiling if I was her too. Another designer that celebrates this carefree world win lifestyle is Matthew Williamson.  Williamson has been a favorite among the socialite crowd since the brand's inception in 2007.  Since then he has taken over as creative head at Emilio Pucci while continuing to grow his own line {you've surely seen some of his designs on Gossip Girl... when Blair goes to give Chuck's uncle a rimmer for the hotel back...} Here are some of my favorite looks from his Spring/Summer collections.


Many people think that putting a bright scarf around your head means you are a haute-boho babe, but really its about taking inspiration from all your travels and putting them into an outfit.  The harem pant, as unflattering and diaper-ass as it is, takes it roots from India and paired with a Parisian inspired sequined blazer and an all-American white tank... you've hit three continents. 




I love all the tribal inspired prints and elements throughout his Spring collection.


 You can shop most of the looks here if you've got a couple of g's to spend.  A designer who is soon to be known just as well as Williamson is Jules Reid. I can't remember where it was when I stumbled on her site, but I'm glad I did.  Her collection works everywhere from NYC, the Hamptons or even St. Tropez.  Here are some of my favorites:



I wish I was tall enough to pull these off! The Wyatt Pant $495. {This pant is also being carried at Calypso}
 

Love this Charlotte Top. $675 
It stands to reason that this isn't Jules' first time at the career rodeo.  First a power broker, then interior designer and now fashion designer, Reid takes her inspiration from living in India for a time along paired with her NYC street smarts.  Her designs are fun and fresh and although the tunic is a fashion staple, these all look original.  Check out her site here for more from the designer/mother.  I'll be stalking like no other for a sale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment