Pages

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Summer Loving...

This spring has had more personalities than Spencer Pratt on a good day.  Some days its cold and rainy and other days it feels like we are in the middle of Palm Springs... only we're not.. we're in Manhattan.  In an attempt to KEEP CALM and CARRY ON here are some summer staples for whenever this summer season might want to settle into itself.

THE DRESS
This Shoshanna dress has every hot trend for the summer wrapped up into one beautifully constructed dress. Tie-die, bright colors and a little bit of Moroccan flair. Its perfect for this season but it works for every summer after it.




Look how cute Kristen Bell looks in the one shoulder variation, which I've been trying like no other to track down!
Special thanks to Dani Rani Designs for the picture... couldn't find it anywhere!


THE SHOES
For the summer I'm pretty partial to wearing Tom's.  Tom's shoes have a great message (each pair you buy, they give a pair to a child in need), are super comfortable and thanks to their ecologically responsible, fabulous designs, they are really quite chic, selling everywhere from Bergdorfts to Whole Foods.  I just got this pair...
but there are so many other great styles.  Here are some more of my favorites:
tomsFashion Trends & Styles - Polyvore

toms by gkatz featuring TOMS shoes



THE TUNIC
This Marrakesh Caftan by Yoana Baraschi in either yellow or navy. It would look great at night for dinner or to throw on at the beach while you are heading to the snack bar.


THE JEWELRY


These bali necklace/earring sets.  Contact thebangledbunny@gmail.com for pricing information. I love that they are bib necklaces and have a little bit of an ethnic tint to them, yet are totally wearable with your favorite Lilly dress.


THE BEACH BAG 
This one is easy, its the canvas tote from iomoi.  I WILL get this ASAP, its been on my list of things to buy forever, but then I have to pay rent or something really inconvenient like that.

THE BATHING-SUIT
Anything from the designer Martha Rey. When I saw her suits I cursed my need to wear the equivalent of orthopedic swimwear. Just take a look:
This is so fun, love purple!

She makes one pieces look cool, like come on, that's impossible!


There is only 1 left of this on shopbop!!

A modern take on the yellow polka dot bikini... 

I'm debating the things I would do to own this cover up/dress... that goes for all of these things I suppose...

No comments:

Post a Comment