Pages

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How Fashion and Home Decor Fuse with Tory Burch and Tina Barney

Having a father frequently mistaken for gay because he owned a furniture and fabric store meant growing up I was very aware of home decor.  Now that I work in the field and use the money from that to continue to add to my wardrobe, the two are never far from my mind.  I found this installment from Tory's Style Guide particularly interesting.  Burch sat down with legendary contemporary photographer Tina Barney, who is known for capturing the the distant upper class's family structure, to talk about family, fashion and furnishings.  Take a look at the video from youtube.




The Spring 2010 look book for Tory Burch, Barney worked behind the camera creating her signature shots. The shoot took place at Burch's Upper East Side apartment and its interesting to see how her collection influenced her decor. Or was it the other way around?



Is the short haired supposed chick supposed to be the guy here? Or are they lovers? I mean clearly she is, its just interesting to see some androgyny for the ultra girlie Tory Burch. 



Burch's apartment is pretty traditional, but I like the way she still makes "stodgy" elements like matching drapes, wall coverings and upholstery still look fresh with fuzzy pillows and all glass furniture. Here is Burch's apartment as shot for Vogue.






I would comment further, but I'm a firm believer in picture's speaking for themselves and Kathy Griffen is not only on SVU right now, but she is playing an angry lesbian, so really, who has time for such things when this is on TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment