Pages

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Whelp... That Explains That... Tory Burch Spotlights The Greateful Dead

Well, my journalistic intuition led me to dig deeper on this pressing matter as to why Tory Burch has all this tie-dye in her collection.  My boyfriend showed me this article on NyMag a week ago, but I guess I was otherwise journalistically preoccupied and to remember to blog about it.  In any case, Burch cites the Greateful Dead as a major influence in her current collection.



I'm not a "deadhead" in the slightest, although I did have many a mixed CD with Sugar Magnolia, Scarlet Begonias and Ripple on it and refused to wash my hair for like a whole week. Kind of.  Oh! I saw like 1/4 of the original Allman Brothers Band at the Beacon Theatre like three times. Whatever. In any case, I am a sucker for down and dirty American pop culture and promised the big guy to attend the exhibit with him so he can get in touch with his inner white boy. I think he feels a little out of it ever since he bought a pair of jeans. Well, now that, that great mystery is solved, we can all rest a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment