Pages

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

BAMPIRE BAMPIRE

I love Twilight in the kind of way that I can't even really talk about it because it sends me into an intense bout of euphoria followed by a low so deep it eats away ay my soul once I realize its a pretty poorly written book sensationalized by the best looking man to ever walk the globe. I get my Twilight fixes anyway I can, be it the bootleg copy my friend sent me from Ecuador, the Popsugar coverage and especially the music.  The soundtracks that have come out of the Twilight Saga have been AMAZING.  A friend and I drove five hours listening to the first one on repeat.  "Eyes on Fire". TINGLE. "Full Moon." CHILLS.  "Bella's Lullaby." TEARS. "Let Me Sign." HYSTERICS.  Then there was the second installment off the New Moon soundtrack where I was introduced to the ULTIMATE emotional cutting song: "Satellite Heart."  On June 8th my pre-ordered copy of the Eclipse soundtrack will arrive and I am almost as excited for that as I am the real deal.  Why would I be so excited for something so lacking in Robert Pattinson? Taking a cue from The Killers who did a track entitled "White Demon", Vampire Weekend has done a track called "Jonathan Low." My all time favorite guilty pleasure teaming up with my all time favorite band? I'm going to pull an emo tween move and lock myself in my room all day listening to this baby.  Some fans gave the group some major slack for being on the soundtrack, which I totally get since most of their fans are 18-25 year old men who only get a hard on for skiing and lacrosse. Other notable contributors include Muse, SIA (of "Breathe Me fame- more chills) and Band of Horses. I know.  Take a moment and a cold shower and digest all this.  Other big news in all things Vampire: True Blood Season 3 comes out June 18th!

No comments:

Post a Comment