Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

California Girls

I tend to not drop a cool buck twenty-nine on any of the songs on the top of the I-Tunes 100 list (I thought "Beiber Fever" was a new STD) but I have a big one for Katy Perry and Snoop's new song "California Girls."



On principle, as a New Yorker, I have to question a lot of what comes out of California in terms of fashion. It's part granola taster in the trees, part Paris Hilton and part plain white tee but there is an undeniable "California Girl" heritage, though lost in Heidi Montag's faux mammaries, that is the "All American Girl."





As much as it pains me to admit this, this season has been all about the California Girl and its because of this B...




Because my chapter of Emotional Cutter's Anonymous closed I've regressed to my masochistic ways and continue to look at my Vogue June 2010 issue with the delectable Blake Lively. I mean... Hi. These pictures speak for themselves so moving right along. With the surfer trend apparent its time to go back to all the favorite middle school brands (Roxy, Billabong- you know the Delia's staples) and I think you'll be surprised at just how un-brahtastic, these Surfer Girl staples are. 




Catch the wave?

1 comment: