Pages

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Resort 2011 Roundup

 For work I covered the amazing collaboration between Oscar de la Renta and Lee Jofa in conjunction with Oscar's Resort 2011 collection (check it out if you haven't) and I've already given you a rundown on the Gypset fashions Karl Lagerfeld debuted for Chanel's cruise line, but here are some of the shows I haven't gotten to you.  I'm trying to be more selective in the looks I show, which to be honest, wasn't that hard.  Far and beyond de la Renta and Chanel were the best, but hi, they are also couture.  So there's that!
 

DVF was... black but on a less somber note it was also completely wearable, completely chic and timeless with that youthful edge we've come to expect from Dian von Furstenberg.

 

I did really love Lanvin's classic collection of suits, fashion forward swimsuits and some undeniably girlie pieces.  That white dress on the bottom left is kind of the best thing I've seen in a while. Killer.

 
It's no secret that my sun rises and sets with Tory Burch; one day I'd like to say that about Hermes and Chanel, but for now we are here, and I don't hate it.  Her collection was inspired by a recent trip to Rajasthan, so with that being said, there is definitely and ethnic, other world aspect to her collection, which I enjoy, I just don't understand howww the styling of this collection turned into a homage to derelict from Zoolander.  Again, I'm trying to only pick things that I like, and I totally respect her for turning out the most interesting of what I saw on Style.com, but just take a gander at some I didn't include.  
 

 

I just love the patterns and the colors; this feels like a resort collection should feel, you know, like you've packed your bags, checked into a exotic hotel under an new alias and plan on telling everyone you were born in the Swiss Alps. I'm not quite sure what is going on with those boots though. Its as though Ugg and Minketonka had sex and you know what happens when cousins procreate...

 

 

 

She also showed a few looks for the girl to who resort means actually going to the Swiss Alps. These I can't really get behind as much.  The one on the top left kinda looks like something MJ would be into while the one on the right looks like something MK would wear in the middle of July.  I don't know any girl that is a little MK and a little MJ but at least they look Tory Burch.

 

Issac Mizrahi is a master and I thought his collection was really just spot on.  He designs for women across the ages and I thought these were particularly great examples of All American style.


Thanks so much to Style.com for all these pictures and to all the photographers! There are plenty more shows to peruse so be sure to check them out as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment