Pages

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

The Olympics and Who Won the Golden Ticket

I have literally been glued to the chair (I would say couch, but, we don't have one) watching the Olympics.  One of the things that sucks about working from home is I normally don't see people or smell fresh air until after 5:30, but when the olympics is on during the day, its almost like I have human contact, and what better human contact to have than with the US Curling team.  I don't know what's more boring, curling or eighth period math class.  On a Friday.  I mean, I guess we need to be respectful of them because apparently they can do something that no many other people can do, but isn't it more like they can do something that no one else want's to do?  I don't really see the Captain of the men's Ice Curling Team getting mad tail left and right or an endorsement from even the local burger shack.  But still, I keep it on in the background, mostly because Law and Order isn't on yet and if I have to watch another 16 year old from the bible belt talk about how they are having their baby because they don't believe in abortion any more, I'm going to stick a hanger up my hoo-ha just because.  Thanks MTV.
I know, the excitement is too much.
I'd like to think we watch and are filled with love and pride in our country, but really I feel that it only reaffirms our latent racism, especially against Asians.  Take for instance the crash in Apollo Anton Ohno's first race, where he took the Silver medal, really by default.
I would elaborate on the above further, but no matter how I attempt to phrase this its not coming out right and I'd rather not offend an entire race of people with Centuries of culture and 30% in Ivy League Schools.  I find it pertinate however to comment on Apollo's chin pubes.  Is there a particular reason he feels the need to die that thing?

It's not working for me, but Mozl Tov, best of luck, win a gold medal and then engage in your normal polyamourus activities.  I do have to say, the speed skating onesies makes the snowboarding outfits cool.  I didn't know Gap was sponsoring the snowboarders!  I mean the "darty" look isn't exactly helping us out any.

I guess I don't mind the madras that much its the faded, distressed "jeans" that really get me.  I do have to say, I have a new found respect for snowboarding as a sport and found the commentary from the bro's in suits very entertaining. "Its a double twisting, inverted, triple flip, fried potato and he just ate that! Oh maaannn, he just got laid outtttt."  Speaking of which... carrot top just won!  I'm watching him and his coaching staff, also known as the people who are buying later, exchange gnarly congrats and then drop the f bomb on live TV.  You can't get this in figure skating.  What you can get? Feathers.  I didn't think it was quite possible to be gayer than Johnny Weir but apparently its is and that it is name is Evan Lysacek.
I would say more, but the feathers speak for themselves.  Be sure to watch tomorrow in the medal meet!  I'll be at Kush lounge, come by if you are around! Buy a bangle.



No comments:

Post a Comment