Pages

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentines Day: Gifts, Savoy + Wear Something He Really Wants

As the season of love carries on we are just hours away till the 14th and you can just FEEL the excitement building around the city. (Does my sarcasm translate?)  Over at the apartment one of my roomies just exchanged gifts with her beloved... she got a GORGEOUS bracelet from Forever Silver, he got a lighter that looks like a revolver and is being a little puss pop about it (sorry we have to pay rent Spence, love ya though). Last night, the man-friend and I went to Savoy, which was  phenomenal.  The food was out of this world and the wine was perfect, although when I asked for it chilled she took it away to God knows where, which made me very uncomfortable because I like to be near my alcohol at all times.
 For a starter we split the special which was grilled squid with kidney beans and for dinner I had the chilled lobster and he had the, get this, RABBIT.  Kind of scary since he calls me bunny and after a few glasses of wine divulged that he's hunted multiple bunnies back home at his farm... but I digress. For desert we both had the creme brule, which was a little to brule, and a glass of some desert wine that was more like a shot than a glass.  The verdict: Amazing meal; it was nice and cozy by the fire and the staff was really nice, would totally go back, but with the parents... when they are paying.

Lingerie for outwear is making a comeback, as is all things 1994.  I've put together a set of some naughty looks that you can work into day and night.




First off, the day I learn to master polyvore will be a cause for celebration, sorry all my sets look like a partially blind child without an index finger did them.  Secondly, I'm loving the short baby-doll dress from Acne.  It looks a little good girl-gone bad with the black tights and even maybe some booties and can also be worn into the summer. Another hidden gem in there is a bouquet of flowers every girl will love.  The Hanky Panky Long Stem Roses is probably the best valentines day gift of all time.  Flowers die but a pair of hanky pankys last... well, we like them, okay?  That's all for now I'm too depressed I'm not at fashion week right now, good thing I spent the entire day shopping to try and make myself feel better about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment