Pages

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Fugly, yet functional




In the great debate between fashion and function, fashion most always looses out.  I mean I would like to think I am one of fashion's most loyal proponents but truth be told I carry big bags out at night not because I think it looks better than a clutch but because it holds my flip-flops in them.  Uggs (which many a clever fellow likes to make a pun of) aint cute... but every person and their mother has a pair.  Crocs... I'm looking at mine right now (I do a lot of gardening). And now... send in the fitflop which promises to tone your saddlebags while you walk to the refrigerator.  I mean, they don't look pretty, but do they do what they promise?  My mother swears by them, but then again this is a woman who once exclaimed "Tweak my tities" when she found a parking spot so I take her opinion with a grain salt.  In my ever ongoing battle to not have the ass of Big Momma, I'm tempted to try them... but that might just be one fugly footwear too many.  Thoughts? Feelings? Anyone alive out there?  Bueller?

One thing I am sure of... I'll never wear these.

No comments:

Post a Comment