Pages

Sunday, April 11, 2010

GLLAAADDIIATOORRR




Anyone knows me knows my obsession with Elizabeth Taylor and how I've come to terms with the fact that she is my inevitable future. I'm fine with it. We'll today I went on a haj to Bloomingdales to do some much needed spring shopping and struck out left and right. I was looking for a printed romper, a colorful dress that didn't make look like a wall full of graffiti and of course... glaadiiaatoorrr sandals. NADA. I couldn't give my money away. This sad fact led me back to the computer to shop online with the other agoraphobics. Here are some of the best bests for your GLLADDDIAATOORR needs


Top picks are hands down this pair from UGG.
They come a few different colors and most importantly are COMFORTABLE.  Squishy soles mean you can walk all over the place.  A friend of mine got them as a gift and she put them on right away and didn't take them off.  At $150 the price is great for the amount of wear you will get out of them.

These from Tory Burch are $130 because they are Jelly, but can be really great to wear to the beach and after without destroying them.  Also available in bright red.
These are the ones I am not so secretly lusting after.  They are classic, I like the color and can be dresses up or down easily.  You would think finding less expensive ones like this wouldn't be a monumental task, but apparently IT IS.  I loved Sam Edelman's collection of gladiators from last season, but this season they are all bejeweled and crazy.

These from Modern Vintage are really cool and a little bit more of a sophisticated take on the trendy gladiator shape.  I also really like these sandals from Pour La Victoire.

I wish any of these were at the store but the shoe department was pretty flat (pun intended).  In any case I'm off to help blind kids cross the street. 

No comments:

Post a Comment