Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Trend Report: Ikat, from Gucci to Madeline Weinrib

The hottest print for the season isn't so much a print as much as it is many prints.  Ikat is one of my favorite fabric styles because each varies so greatly.  Steeped in Indian influences, the Ikat was originally specified for royal families. This double cloth fabric aint easy to make! Thread is dyed than grouped on a loom separately and then brought together to create some crazy-ass prints; this probably accounts for how expensive products made with Ikat are.  Gucci had a strong tribal showing for the Spring 2010 season.

There are no words for how crazy I am for this dress!
Shop these looks and more at www.gucci.com (if you can!)
For the spring/summer I think the strongest trend would have to be this "techno tribal" look, appropriately named by Who, What, Wear.  Its bring, there are patterns and color that will show off your tan, but most importantly, its fun and irreverent, which is ideal for summer.  Here are some picks from the web:



I think my favorite would have to be the bandeau dress, which is only $69 dollars! If I was tall and had legs for days I would be all about those pink pants from Calypso. {Click the products you like for more information}. The Ikat trend is seeping through into home design, which thrills me to no end. I recently found Madeline Weinrib, while looking for a great brand to carry, but sadly she doesn't do internet sales. (Let's pick it up lady, get on board!) In any case, there isn't one thing I didn't like from her collection.




I'm scheming for ways to land that lucite chair. All those pillows! Ugh, lovelovelove. What do you think, would you pull off the trend for you or your home?

1 comment:

  1. so... these Ikats are Indian influence eh?
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete